Population in 2010: 36,966. Population change since 2000: +3.3%
|Median resident age:||33.1 years|
|Wisconsin median age:||44.3 years|
Zip codes: 53511, 53512.
Beloit Zip Code Map
Estimated median household income in 2009: $36,184 (it was $36,414 in 2000)
Estimated per capita income in 2009: $17,339
Beloit city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2009: $92,976 (it was $67,500 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2009: All housing units: $105,290; Detached houses: $105,228; Townhouses or other attached units: $118,835; In 2-unit structures: $93,684; In 3-to-4-unit structures: $101,000; In 5-or-more-unit structures: $346,582; Mobile homes: $36,134
Median gross rent in 2009: $682.
Click here to add a comment.
Source/ Read more: http://www.city-data.com/city/Beloit-Wisconsin.html#ixzz24uv5olC9
Below is some of the best online advice we have seen for booking your own airline flights. Note that travel on Tuesdays and Thursdays are often discounted. These days are light because they miss the Monday and weekend commute . Shopping during evening hours between 10pm and midnight are also known to produce good ticket price results. Happy Travels from WisconsinSoul!
Best Day & Time to Book Flights
- The first thing you need to understand is that 21 days before the date of the flight, is the best day to buy airline tickets. This is so because, after 21 days the flight ticket prices might increase, and you might not be able to find the same fare you had seen online just a day or two before. Hence, always remember and use this tip. Prices of the flight can be found highest 14 days before the date of the flight, hence take care not to book anywhere near 14 days before the flight date.
- The best day to book a flight is actually Tuesday or Wednesday. This is so because, during weekends which are Saturday and Sunday, people will be traveling the most, and booking the flight tickets the most, due to the free weekend time. So, take care that you book your flight on Tuesday or Wednesday, and never on the weekend.
- The third thing is to figure out what is the best time to buy airline tickets. Start your research to figure out the right time of the day to book a flight, 22-23 days before the flight date you have in mind. In 24 hours time, visit the individual airline sites and travel sites 3-4 times a day. Sometimes, it happens that the flight airfare you saw online at 5 AM might not be the same you might get to see at 5 pm. So, keep checking the sites various times in a day.
- According to the different travel sites the best day for booking flights online vary. For example, the best air travel day according to the Travelocity is Wednesday, which might not be the best day to book flight tickets on Southwest. So, keep bookmarks of the most popular air booking sites and individual airline sites.
- Other tips can also help you to avail further discount on your airfare. For example, always book a return trip, as this will give you further discount.
- If you are traveling to a holiday destination, then travel during the off-season and you will get even more discount.
- On travel sites if you book, hotel + flight or flight + car, or all three together then you get even further discount.
- If you are a student or in the defense service, then go to individual airline sites. As certain airlines give discount to such people.
- If you are not booking tickets online, then sometimes booking a flight ticket, just before few hours of departure of the flight can also get you dirt cheap flight. However, this is a little risky thing, as there is always a possibility that the air fare might remain the same, you had checked last time.
- One more way to save money on air tickets is to start collecting miles. If you are frequent traveler then you can keep collecting miles and cash them later on, to get discount or free flight tickets. Make sure you check about the details on miles to the individual air travel company.
- Also, avoid booking on the general payday and 2-3 days near the payday. Because, booking are frequently done during these days. So, book a week later of paydays.
This was all about the best day and time to book flights. So, remember the above tips and use them to book flight tickets online, and enjoy discounted flight tickets!
Source: Buzzle.com, Photo: Euroauto.comClick here to add a comment.
Holograms are already in the US, at airports in New York and New Jersy.
Other info about holograms: Tupac Hologram and How they are made, on WisconsinSoul.
Tampa, FL (PRWEB) May 25, 2012 AVA, the airport AVATAR created by AirportOne.com (an Airus Media Company), was unveiled today as the next generation in way finding, virtual public guidance and virtual advertising.
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey has retained Airus Media (AirportOne.com) to produce airport virtual assistants to enhance customer service at airport welcome centers by answering basic and routine questions asked by arriving passengers. The avatar’s are essentially lifelike virtual mannequins (similar to holograms) that are extremely effective in attracting passenger attention and delivering a clear and consistent message. The hologram like virtual assistant truly captivates its audience, which also makes it a highly effective advertising and public relations tool.
Source: PR WebClick here to add a comment.
For those that want a little more privacy while we snooze in the airport, Minute Suites may be the answer.Click here to add a comment.
Go to Gadget for the Traveler:
The GRID-IT!™ A unique weave of rubberized elastic bands made specifically to hold personal objects firmly in place. Designed to provide endless configurations of objects, digital devices and personal effects,
GRID-IT!™ is as versatile as life itself!
Wisconsin…you gotta appreciate that one of the top family vacation spots is in your backyard with Wisconsin Dells. I know I try to go there at least once a year!!!
Check out the Top 10 family vacation spots in the US below
Among people who plan to travel in 2011, 83 percent will be traveling with family, and 90 percent of those traveling with family will keep their trips domestic, according to a recent TripAdvisor survey. What follows is the top 10 destinations where these travelers have the best-rated options for entertainment, dining, and accommodation.
This ranking was released as TripAdvisor’s inaugural Traveler’s Choice Family list, compiled based on user reviews from TripAdvisor.com. The 10 destinations were determined based on the number of recommendations of users who traveled with family.
For each destination, we’ve included the top-rated attraction based also on user reviews—resulting in numerous instances of lesser-known attractions outranking the destination’s most famous ones—and provided an overview of the other popular activities for families.
Top-rated attraction: Flightdeck Air Combat Center, a flight simulation center for kids and adults from age 13 up.
By comparison, Anaheim was once a sleepy southern California town of orange groves, but it began transforming into a Fantasia for families when the Disneyland Resort opened in 1955.
Now, Disney is the city’s primary employer and Anaheim is synonymous with Mickey-themed entertainment including Disneyland Park, Disney California Adventure and more, but it’s not the only game in town. There’s also Adventure City, a small amusement park for smaller kids, K1 Speed Indoor Karting, Hobby City Doll and Toy Museum, and the Old West –themed Knott’s Berry Farm Park including Camp Snoopy park for the younger ones, as well as Soak City Water Park by Knott’s.
For more adult-friendly shopping dining and entertainment there’s Downtown Disney, Block at Orange, Westfield MainPlace mall, and Anaheim GardenWalk, which includes a bowling center. Family-oriented dinner shows include Medieval Times and Pirates Dinner Adventure, and the local sporting options include the Anaheim Ducks, formerly the Mighty Ducks NHL team, and the LA Angels of Anaheim.
Top-rated attraction: Bigfoot Zipline, a 2-hour ride for nearly all ages of gliding on cables above oaks and northwoods pines.
Set in the dells of the Wisconsin River, this little town has been a summer fun destination for 150 years, and is now claims the title of Water Park Capital of the World. Families can go kayaking, rock climbing, jetboating and jetskiing, and take one of the popular amphibious Duck tours. Wisconsin Dells is home to the country’s largest outdoor water park, Noah’s Ark, and the largest indoor water park, Wilderness Territory.
Less active activities include Rick Wilcox Magic Theater and Wizard Quest virtual game. Adult diversions include golf, Ho-Chunk Casino. For a throwback semi-indoor/ semi-outdoor night, try the popular Big Sky Drive- in movie theater.
Wildwood Crest, New Jersey
Top attraction: The beach and boardwalk
Located in the southern part of the Jersey Shore, the peaceful beach community (and dry town) Wildwood Crest is the more family-friendly alternative to the adjacent parts of the Wildwoods (Wildwood and North Wildwood, which come closer to living up to the “wild”). Visiting families stay in any of numerous midcentury modern or “doo wop” motels or in vacation or seasonal rentals.
Ocean, beach, and bay activities include boating, jet skiing, fishing, crabbing, whale and dolphin watching, and in the evenings, movies on the beach. The boardwalk is not far, with amusements, rides, and games for children and adults. Area water parks are Ocean Oasis, Raging Waters, and Splash Zone.
Top-rated attraction: Discovery Cove, an amusement park where visitors can swim with dolphins and observe fish while snorkeling
Orlando is one of the two vacation towns that Disney built—it’s the site of the granddaddy of them all, Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom, EPCOT Center, Animal Kingdom, and the Typhoon Lagoon water park. Other top attractions are Universal Studios, SeaWorld, the Sammy Duvall Watersports Centre, Gatorland, and the iFly skydiving simulation.
Popular local evening outings include the comedic magic with unlimited food and beverage at the Outta Control Dinner Show and Pirate’s Cove Adventure Golf. This is only a small sample—plenty more family-oriented attractions await in Orlando.
Top-rated attraction: Cedar Point Amusement Parkand Resort
The big draw of this Lake Erie coastal destination is one of America’s oldest amusement parks, Cedar Point, which has a whopping 17 roller coasters, rated from 2 (mild thrill) to 5 (aggressive thrill). Cedar Point’s water park Soak City also ranks high among Sandusky visitors.
Some of Sandusky’s other family attractions include theKalahari Waterpark Resort, Ghostly Manor Thrill Center, the Merry-Go-Round Museum, and the Sandusky Maritime Museum.
Top attraction: The Carolina Opry, live theater performances
The coastal city of Myrtle Beach has the titular beach, but there are plenty more family entertainment options, such as horseback riding, the Soar and Explore Zipline and Ropes Course, and Mt Atlanticus mini-golf, and Ripley’s Aquarium.
For parents, there are golfing and casino cruises, and evening entertainment for all at the Carolina Opry, Alabama Theater and Le Grande Cirque.
Top-rated attraction: Cullari Vineyards and Winery
No surprise here—the attractions of the company town of Hershey, Pennsylvania are Hershey-themed or affiliated: Hersheypark amusement park, Hershey’s Chocolate World, Hershey Gardens, Hershey Trolley Works, and The Hershey Story museum, and the ZooAmerica North American Wildlife Park.
As for the non-Hershey attractions: there’s the two-wheeled tours of Segway of Hershey, Dutch Wonderland, an amusement park for small tykes, Antique Automobile Club of America Museum.
Top-rated attraction: Old Pro mini golf in four indoor and outdoor themed locations
Ocean City is Maryland’s popular 10-mile-long, narrow barrier island beach community featuring three miles of boardwalk. Family attractions include of course the free beaches and the boardwalk, as well as Trimper’s Rides and Frontier Town amusement parks, the Ocean City Life-Saving Station and Wheels of Yesterday museums, and the Carousel Ice Skating Rink.
The destination’s unique draw for outdoors-loving families is Assateague Island, where overnight beach campers can wake up to glimpse the island’s free-roaming wild ponies. Fishing for billfish, tuna, and wahoo is another popular local draw—and for the more advanced, OCMD is known as the “White Marlin Capital of the World.”
Top-rated attraction: Carlsbad Lagoon for wakeboarding, kayaking, jet skiing, pedal boating, and tubing
The Southern California coastal city of Carlsbad has an old-fashioned downtown (Carlsbad Village) as well as protected wildlife habitats. Popular local attractions include Legoland California (for kids 12 and under) and Sea Life Aquarium, the state beach, three lagoons for bird-watching, about a dozen golf courses, Carlsbad Skatepark and Carlsbad Raceway.
For days when the weather’s not cooperating with vacation plans, there’s the Gemological Institute of America Museum, the Museum of Making Music, and a designer outlet mall.
Panama City Beach, Florida
Top-rated attraction: Yoga for You, offering private classes on the beach
Located in the Florida Panhandle, subtropical Panama City Beach features that no-brainer combination for family summer fun: beach and amusements. The beaches are popular for activities like jetskiing, parasailing, boat tours, scuba diving, and snorkeling in the warm Gulf waters or just loafing on the white sand.
The area’s plentiful parks include Coconut Creek Family Fun Park, Super Speed Fun Park, Shipwreck Island Waterpark, Cobra Adventure Park, Gulfworld Marine Park. Panama City has more family activities like mini golf, Rock’it Lanes and Bowlarama bowling, and movies.
By Colleen Kane
Source: Yahoo TravelClick here to add a comment.